Monday 26 May 2014

Jonathan’s Newsletter


I’ve had a few emails from Fantoines unhappy about having to give their date of birth when applying for Jonathan’s newsletter on his website.  There also has been a little bit of discussion about it on social media.

Personally I think it’s quite unnecessary and it’s obviously quite off-putting to some, or they wouldn’t have emailed me.

I’m a great believer in not providing personal information on the internet unless absolutely necessary and a DOB in this case is exactly that.  If Sony want the demography of the Fantoines they should be honest and ask us if we wouldn’t mind undertaking a brief survey. Plenty websites do that and it seems get reasonably truthful answers, just because visitors to these sites are given a choice of doing a survey. Sony have made the DOB issue mandatory and that is unfortunate.  Hopefully they will remove it before long.

However, until then, here are a few suggestions ((if you don’t want to give your true DOB) given to me via email.  

Make yourself 10, 20, 30, 40 years younger (I like that one)

Give the millennium i.e. 01/01/2000

Give any DOB other than your own

Give 27/10/1994 - my favourite and we will all be 20 years old!!

Hope this helps some of you decide to sign up.  I’ve no idea when the newsletter will be produced but hopefully it will be in our mail boxes before Jonathan’s album is in our postboxes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tried to sign up for Jonathan's newsletter but it will not let me sign in on Facebook and will not accept my email. :(